Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Trying Not to Touch My Face (and Southwest Pretzels)

Oh no I just touched my face. At the beginning I was really good at not touching my face but it’s just gotten harder to keep it up. That’s a lie. I was never good at it. We tried a don’t touch your face for a week challenge. I could barely last ten minutes. If I’ve learned anything from this experience it’s how much I mindlessly touch my face. One thing I have been doing is washing my hands like a maniac. My hands are so dry, in so much pain, and literally bleeding. But it’s so worth it. Someone has to invent a moisturizing Purell. That probably already exists. And it’s probably already sold out in every store in the country. Maybe I’ll finally get to use the giant bucket of moisturizer the dermatologist told me to buy three years ago that is still untouched. 

The flight attendant just handed me a bag of pretzels. That got me thinking about all the leftover pretzels they’re going to have because nobody is flying anymore. Hopefully they can distribute the millions of bags of pretzels to people who are stuck in their homes and need food. They could just drop them out of the plane and hopefully some would land on doorsteps. Southwest pretzels could most definitely last me for months in isolation. God knows they’ve lasted longer in my mom’s purse. Anyways, our flight is so insanely empty. Megan and I have multiple rows to ourselves. Thank god they didn’t cancel this flight. I might have never made it back to California. And we just got an email from dean mike that said leave campus ASAP. Stay tuned to find out how I got here. Although all my readers are definitely people that already know how I got here (aka my parents, Megan, and Charlotte. Maybe just maybe my sister). Either way please read my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment