Tuesday, March 17, 2020

My Car is Still in Connecticut

As many of you might know, last summer my mom and I drove my car across the country so I’d be able to have my car at school and be able to do things like drive to every pharmacy in Middletown to find a thermometer amidst a global pandemic. Thank you CVS for giving me the ability to take my temperature every ten minutes “just to make sure.” So far so good my friends. Anyways, we had this whole plan to drive my car back at the end of this year by way of the southern route. This was especially exciting for me as per my deep love for country music and my recent obsession with the tv show “Nashville.” No spoilers, I have a lot more episodes to watch whilst in quarantine. Well we decided that driving my car back to California right now is not the move. Probably not the best idea to tour the country under the circumstances. So we left it with Charlotte (thank you Charlotte!) who is going to give the key to a nice fella who will load it on a truck and drive it across the country as fast as possible. This meant driving my car (with Megan) (thanks Megan!) to Charlotte’s and then taking an Uber back to Wesleyan, which is a 35 minute ride on the rural roads of Connecticut. At 11:30. I ordered the Uber. And then I got the notification. Scott will be here soon in a pickup truck. He is known for friendly conversation. Let me tell you the last thing Megan and I wanted to do at 11:30 in rural Connecticut after a day of loading furniture and most of our belonging into a storage unit was get into a pickup truck and converse in a friendly manner. But alas we did and remain alive to tell the tale. This has truly been the craziest week of my life and I have no doubt that things will not calm down for a bit. But I’ll be in my room working on my vlog. Maybe even doing some zoom school. But the vlog comes first. The vlog always comes first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment